Sunday, March 18, 2012

Look what arrived in the post

Hello and happy Sunday to you all,
Ohhhh there is a little bit of excitement in Smithville - I have finally had a play with my shiny, new stamp that arrived on Friday from the lovely girls at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. OOOOHHHH it's so lovely - there is something about a brand new wood mounted stamp that I just love. The stamp was my prize for winning  challenge no 190 - how lucky am I. And here she is:

Isn't she beautiful - I just love her.. . . . . . . so what do I do with her hehehe I stamp her up and use her for this weeks entry into The Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
This weeks challenge theme is:

This, That and The Other!
(Anything Goes!)

I have used watercoloured pencils to colour her and then mounted her up with some DCWV paper, a bit of  bazzill, some flowers and some of the new ribbon that I brought while I was away last time. The sentiment is a free stamp that I received on the front of Papercraft Inspirations and finally I have added a few brads to finish off.


I decided to stick to the same colours that are on the stamp for my 1st time using her. They looked so good and I immediately thought of these papers to match. Anyway I hope you like it.

And now I have some good news to share hehehe (don't get too excited it's not overly exciting for you but it is for me) - you see I have spent the whole day in my little crafty heaven which has been a delight and that means that I got a few cards made - yay!!!! But I am not going to share them all with you now - I have done a little time management and made a few so that I can be ahead of the game and have cards to post throughout the week, so that you don't have to wait all week for me to post. So while I am studying this week I can pop a post up regularly. 

Now for the bad news - I am suffering with a little set back with my health and my recent surgery, so I am not firing on all cylinders at the moment :( anyway help is at hand and I am hoping it does not mean another trip away, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Ok well have a great evening and I will see you real soon
x joy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh lucky you, what a sweet stamp and love how you have used it! Got my fingers crossed for you!
Helen x

Liz McGuire, said...

Congrats on your win. And put to good use already! Hoping to do my next tutorial on water colour pencils - so watch this space!

Liz x
PS - maybe I will try to tone down my Scottishness for the next one!!