Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Saturday to you

Hello,
I hope you are having a good day - mine has been very relaxing. It has been a beautiful clear day here in Blackall with a lovely soft breeze blowing. My two biggest boys spent the morning mowing the lawn then I spent a few hours sitting watching Frank pruning my hedges - it is really frustrating not being able to do it myself but he did a great job and the yard looks lovely again ( I must take a photo and show you).
Then I was lucky enough to have a little nap this afternoon before the whole family sat and had a BBQ dinner out the back - one of those special family meals - just lovely (even the pussy cats and puppy got to share some of the BBQ goodies). 
I did plan on popping into my little crafty heaven today but the nap got the better of me but I still have a few of my cards that I made last weekend to show you and here is one of them. This is my entry into the Sketch N Stash Challenge no 83:


And here is the sketch that I have followed:
 It got me out of my comfort zone as I usually like straight lines.


  It is an easel card and I have used an image that was free on the front of a mag that has been coloured in with watercolour pencils then I have used a little scrap of Miss Nelly paper from Kaiser craft, some bazzill, some twiney stuff, flowers and bling from my stash, a stampin up sentiment and an oval and scallop oval punch stuck down with magic mount.


I think this may be the first time that I have used twine as well and I got this idea from one of the lovely blogs that I follow but I can't remember which one sorry. Anyway I hope you like it.

Just a quick update on my health issues, as thought I do have to have the 3rd round of surgery quicker than expected but have to wait for the swelling and inflammation to go down first. So me and ice packs are getting to know each other very well hehe along with salt baths and loads of lotions and potions.

Ok well that's it for me tonight 
see you tomorrow probably
x joy 

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Such a lovely card Joy!
An adorable PB image and I love the colour palette and papers too.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Sue said...

Oh my what a gorgeous card, super sweet image and very pretty papers and colours

thank you for joining us at SnS

Sue
xx

Michelle Short said...

This is so pretty, I love the colours and the very cute image.

Thanks for joining in with my sketch for Sketch n Stash this fortnight,

Michelle x