Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yay - I've had a little play

Can you believe it - I have been having withdrawal symptoms from crafting - I kid you not. I have been wanting to get into the craft room soooo bad and today I finally did. And this is what I whipped up:


This is this weeks entry into The Penny Black Saturday Challenge, which has the theme of Pearls & Lace. I have cheated a bit today however as I have also used the sketch from over at Sketch N Stash for my inspiration. And as I haven't had much time I thought I could kill two birds with one stone (poor birdies' - what a horrible saying really) and combine the two challenges. I don't normally do that but it was the time thing.

I have used one of my old favourite Penny Black Stamps called Angel News (isn't she beautiful) coloured with my trusty watercolour pencils, a large section of lace for the background (I had this given to me ages ago by a lady who thought I might use it - Thank you very much!!!!!!) then my Martha Stewart heart punch and a fiskars border punch. The background bazzill and the ribbon is from my bits and bobs stash box - you know the one - where little left over bits and pieces are just too good to throw out. And then I have finished it all off with some pearls. 

This is the sketch from Sketch N Stash that I have followed. I didn't think it needed any sentiment or flowers.


This is my inside view.


And here is a close up of the detail.
Anyway I hope you like it. I am off now to go pack my port for my next little trip tomorrow. This time I am taking my computer with me, to keep my occupied so I will be around to stalk all of my favourite blogs.
Talk soon
x joy

7 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Joy

As always, very pretty! All the best for tomorrow and every other day you are away. I hope all goes well, which I am sure it will. Thinking of you.

From Paula

Lee said...

glad you got into your craft room.Your card is so Beautiful.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
Kevin xx

NGCARDS said...

A lovely creation hun! Thanks for playing over at PBSC! xxx

Jen Nelson said...

what a sweet card.. love how you have decorated he inside

thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash

Jen xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card joy...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Jill said...

beautiful card love the soft pinks and the image is so sweet thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx