Monday, December 12, 2011

Here I am

Sorry I have been gone so long but this little chookie has been busy, busy, busy but here I am finally with this years Christmas cards - a tad late I must say!!!! I usually have them made and posted by the 1st of December and here it is the 12th of December blah! I don't like running late.

I make 50 of the same card each year - why you may ask - because in prevous years I have gone around making all different cards and posted them out and then by mistake sent a card the next year with the same image on it to the same person. So about 5 or 6 years ago I decided that I would buy a special new stamp each year just for this years cards then that stamp gets used for my market stall cards so I never end up sending double up images to anyone. The stamp that I buy is usally one that has caught my eye as being extra special in some way - as I do buy lots of new stamps each year.

This years stamp is  a Stamp Fairy Design by Mariaane Designs and I just love him hehehe - he is so cute. The papers are Bella. I have not done a silver and white card before so decided to do one for something different, My other Christmas cards over the years have been either bright or very traditional - I must post them sometime.
The production line in full swing!

All finished and ready to be written in.


I have used a marianne creatable  star die for my feature and it looks stunning cut from metalic card.

A close up of the bow and how I have hung the die. The bow is a double bow tied with the smaller ribbon sitting on top of the wider ribbon (this is quite easy to do when you only want one but I was over it by the time I did 50 of them) I have attached a little metal star to the front of the die and attached them with a wine glass charm holder so that the recipient can remove it from the card if they wish and pop it on the Christmas Tree.


 
 What a cutie pie!
The inside view. Yes there are 5 stars inside each card so that is 250 stars all up -  not that I was counting hehe

And finally the inside verse - I wanted something non traditional this year and I am happy with the end results although I must admit after 50 I am over them hehehe

Ok well I am off to Brissy again tomorrow to go and pick up Ashley who has been staying with his Uncle Michael and Auntie Elka for the week so I should get back on Friday in time for our Friday night twilight markets.
x joy

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh nice!!! Hope one has my name on it.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the stars
Lindsay xx