Sunday, May 20, 2012

Finally some time to play

Hello and a super happy Sunday to you all,
I am so sorry that I have been gone sooooo long but study must come first before play time. I am thoroughly enjoying the study so it feels like play time to me as well but I have missed my card making.
So finally yesterday, I packed away the books, cleared the decks and indulged myself in paper and card. AAAAAHHHHHH what bliss!!!!!!
I have some very special cards to make for some very special people who I have to say thank you to. One of which I knew that I needed a computer image for - so I set out to find a computer themed digi stamp. HAHAHA do you know how hard that was? Because if you put digi stamp computer into the search engine all you end up with are a million and one hits for 'what digi stamps are and how they work' URGH!!! Anyway I put my thinking cap on tried 'digi stamp laptop' and bingo I got what I wanted. Although if I had thought about it, I should of remembered that Debby from one of my favourite blogs  A Scrapjourney uses some lovely and fun images from Mo Manning that would of been useful. So I found this delightful little number that I have used for this card:

 Perfect for the card that I wanted! Along with the digi stamp I have used some Kaiser paper along with bazzill, one of my new tonic punches (I will show you my new stash in my next post) and some grossgrain ribbon and a stampin' up sentiment and punch.
 This is the inside view.
Then how could I stop by Mo's digital pencil  without buying these - especially as I have one teenage boy in Smithville who refuses to cut his hair, has his skate board attached to his hip, his phone is one hand, ear plugs in his ears. And of course both boys are addicted to video games. They are perfect for this years birthday cards!! 

Ok so I did get more than one card made in a whole day - hehehe only just though (the grand total was two hehehe) but I am going to save the other one to share with you on another day. Today is also going to be spent cutting, colouring and playing with that delightful paper stuff. So I wonder how many I can come up with today (hopefully more that 2).

I will be back shortly to show you all of my stash that I purchased while I was having withdrawal symptoms from playing. See there is a reason we should have our fix of paper crafting often cause if we don't we suffer and end up buying more for the stash to make us feel better!   
ok talk soon
x joy
p.s. go check out Mo's digital pencil from the link above - she has some adorable digi stamps 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card, I love that image and great colours too!
Helen x