Sunday, April 29, 2012

A little late

Hello everyone and happy Sunday to you, it's another beautiful day here in Blackall after a few very cold miserable days. But the sun is shining today and all is well.
I  had a little play on Friday night cause I wanted to enter the weekly challenge over at Penny Black Saturday and guess what I did hehehe - missed the challenge. I made the card Friday night as I said, but was feeling a little sleepy so thought I would post and enter the challenge on Saturday morning (Australia time). Hahaha I got up Saturday morning and Mr Linky had already closed. That serves me right for being lazy and thinking of my nice warm comfy bed over and above Penny Black Saturday. Anyway I will share it with you today. The theme was 'No Patterned Paper' and here is my card:


This is using my cutie Penny Black Stamp 'Hmmm' then I used plain white paper for the background that I embossed with my cuttlebug music folder. I cut the circles and doily shapes with my Nellie Snellen doily dies. The front sentiment is computer generated with the tag hand cut. I used my EK success music border punch for the music notes (using the negative bits) and some ric rac and twine from my stash. 


This is the inside view and this is the positive effect of the EK success music border die (it is bigger than I thought it was when I ordered it but I still love it and use it often) with a couple of negative notes popped on for balance. And finally this is a Stampin' Up sentiment. I have covered the music border cutouts with stickles but I am not sure if you can see that in the photo - it adds a nice touch in real life anyway.

So moral of this story is - don't be lazy and go to bed when you have a post ready and waiting to be done - you might miss the challenge. Anyway if I am a good girl and do all my jobs on my 'to do' list today - maybe I can have another little play for this weeks challenge which is:
Spring themed cards!  

Ok well I am off to go make a start on that list that is ten miles high (the dreaded 'To Do' list)

Have a super happy day
talk soon
x joy


4 comments:

Barcoo77 said...

Hi Joy lovely as always...sorry that you missed the challenge, but always a next time, I dont have to say...but I will ..red, black and white my favs.

sue w. said...

Hi Joy, what you like girl, that's usually my trick! Fabulous card though hun, love the image and the colours are just right.
Good luck with the list.
Hugs Sue W.

Liz McGuire, said...

Never mind - there is always this weeks challenge! Fabby card though,

Liz x

Hazel said...

Love this card Joy - the PB image is just fab and like the colours you have chosen too.

Thanks for popping by my blog - so appreciated as always.

Toodle pip

Hazel xx