Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Hello and a super happy Tuesday to you.
Melbourne Cup Tuesday here in Australia - the race that stops a nation - it is even a public holiday here in Blackall. But I have had the boys home from school so no partying for me. Although they have both deserted me and headed to the local pool with their friends to cool off (can't say I blame them - it is hot, hot, hot here today).
So I am having a catch up on all the household stuff today. I am ahead in my maths studies after discovering that my first module was not due until this Friday, but I submitted it bright and early this morning. I have pottered with the text books today but really it has been a slow lazy day.
I got myself all in a muddle yesterday with an equation that made me think, spent several hair pulling hours on it. Finally emailed my lecturer calling for help, walked away from the books for less than 5 minutes and the solution came to me hahahaha. Frantic email to cancel the help alert to my lecturer and sat down and did the working out. Just goes to show that sometimes a break is the best thing to do (I'll have to remember that - but once I get going I am like a dog with a bone hehehehe)
 
Anyway here are a couple of photos to share with you.
These first two are some more sets of cards that I made for Gallery Day here in Blackall. Each pack contains five cards.
 

 
 This bright colour pack was my favourite and I also made two gold packs as well.
Then these are some of the flower brooches that I made. These are very popular and I sold some on the day that I was making them even before I had them packaged up.
 
 
 A couple of close ups - but please excuse the photography - they are a little out of focus.

 And finally I thought I would share a Halloween photo with you. Our local council puts on a special Halloween day here for the kids - they provide lots of lollies for houses that nominate and then us adults take the kids around following a list. Very safe and lots and lots of fun.
I look a bit stunned in the photo cause poor hubby hasn't mastered the camera yet and I am busy telling him which button to press - hahaha.
We had so much fun - we giggled the whole night.
And can you believe this is my 10 year old Benji with me in the skeleton suit - look how much he is growing. Both my boys will soon be towering over me! They definitely didn't get their height from me.
 Ok well that is all for now.
 I am off to have a lovely catch up on all my favourite blogs after we were away in Rockhampton last week.
Keep smiling
talk soon
x joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous sets of cards and love your gorgeous brooches!
Helen x

Jules said...

Oh Wow Joy .. .. how busy have you been???!!!

Fabulous creations and I love those brooches very much!!

Well done on getting ahead of the game with your module work too.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Love the sets of cards and those flower brooches are gorgeous.
luv
Debby