Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tissue paper flowers

These are my latest trial - some tissue paper flowers. I am very happy with them. I started off using white tissue then tried some floral pattern then some lacey gold - and i think all three have worked well.




I started by wrapping some lace around a brad, pushing the brad through the lace to secure it at intervals then I layered the small, medium and large flower shapes from my sizzix flower layers #9 die. Then it is just a matter of scrunching each shape seperately until all of the shapes are scrunched then you just unfold it all. I used about 7 or 8 layers of tissue paper for each flower.


Then I have had a go at adding different effects to a few to see what they looked like - I tried perfect pearl mists, kindy glitz, inked edges and using different sized shapes - all turned out lovely.





No comments: